Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1 kg Blue Grenadier
- 1 Pkt Peninsula Fresh Seafood Panko Crumbs
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup beer or water
- Oil for frying
- 250ml mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 250g corn kernels
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- Make the coleslaw: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, corinader, and honey. Stir in cabbage, corn, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper and leave aside.
- In shallow dish, mix flour and salt. In medium bowl, beat eggs and beer with whisk.
- Place Panko crumbs in large resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- In electric frypan or deep fryer, heat about 5 cms oil to 200°C. Coat both sides of fish fillets with flour mixture, then dip in beer mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl. Place 1 or 2 pieces of fish at a time in plastic bag with bread crumbs; seal bag and shake to coat completely.
- Fry fish in batches in hot oil about 4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Assemble tacos: Serve fish over grilled tortillas with corn slaw and avocado. Squeeze lime juice on top and garnish with sour cream.