Traditional Maltese Style Grilled Whole Garfish with Potatoes
- 12 garfish, cleaned (make sure you remove the black lining in the stomach cavity)
- 750g of potatoes, peeled and diced into quarters
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 lemons, 1 quartered, 1 juiced
- 60 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place potatoes in a roasting pan and toss with extra virgin olive oil and oregano. Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and tender. Season with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and parsley in a shallow bowl. Season and reserve half the parsley mixture to serve.
- Lightly rub over both sides of the whole garfish with a rolling pin to break down small bones. Rub garfish cavities with lemon quarters.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue plate to medium–high.
- Toss garfish in the parsley mixture and cook, turning carefully. Allow 3 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked.
- Remove from grill plate and drain on paper towel. Season with salt and serve with the roasted potatoes and rest of parsley mixture.