A delightful way to combine great Australian seafood with the flavours of the Orient
- 750g Rockling
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala or curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind mixed with ½ cup of boiling water (or juice of 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup coconut cream milk
- Freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- Cut fish into small squares and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in the sauce pan and sauté the onion to golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, garam masala and sauté for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and tamarind (or lemon juice). Cook until all tomatoes turn to paste.
- Reduce heat and add the coconut milk. Simmer for about 5 minutes
- Salt to taste and then place Rockling gently in the sauce pan. Simmer for about 8 minutes or until fish is cooked. To avoid fish breaking, stir very gently if needed.
- Remove from heat, serve and garnish with chopped coriander.