Simple recipe for crunchy flathead fillets everyone will adore
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 3/4 cup dried panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of beer batter (beer, plain flour and pinch of salt). (*)
- 750g flathead fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
* instead of a beer batter, low fat yogurt can be used.
- Combine enough beer and flour together to make a runny batter that will drip off a spoon dipped into the batter. Add salt to taste.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Heat oil in fry pan or if you have one, a deep fryer.
- Dry flathead with a paper towel then dip in batter and coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Place coated fillets into hot fry pan, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon and/or tartare sauce.